About Me

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States
Hi, I'm Dan. I am 25 years old and reside in Western Washington. I graduated from White River High School and Seattle University, and now work as an accountant. I have been married for 2 years now to my beautiful wife Serina, and we are the proud parents of our dog Martini. The things that I enjoy the most are spending time with family and friends, sports and fitness, reading, and movies.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

June Update

Again, it's been too long since I've given an update. But I've been training hard and getting ready for the big ride coming up in a few weeks. I'm confident that I'm ready for it, and hoping to achieve both goals of finishing the ride and raising funds for the LFA. Over the weekend of May 17th and 18th I participated in two rides in Yakima. The first was on Saturday and was a century (100 mile) ride. It had 5,400 feet of climbing and was very challenging. At mile 75 the temperature off of the pavement read 115 degrees Fahrenheit. It was pretty toasty, but I wasn't about to give up. Through the dehydration, muscle cramping, and fatigue, I was the third person to finish. It was a great accomplishment and gave me a lot of time to reflect on what inspired me to do this in the first place. Check out the map below that shows the route. I hope through all of this everyone may see that this is a great cause to contribute to. Lupus is a terrible disease that is affecting millions of Americans, and is often overlooked. Most people might not even know what it is, and have only heard the term. Please, whatever it is, help the effort to find a cure and save millions from pain and suffering. Even if it's a dollar. I can't say how much I appreciate the contributions and encouragement. Even if I don't reach my goal of $2,500 by the time the Seattle to Portland bike ride comes, I pledge to continue my efforts. I've decided that I will also run in the Seattle Marathon this November to continue. I will be running a half marathon of 13.1 miles. I'll continue to update on the status, and once again, thank you all and God bless.




View Larger Map

No comments: